Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Funny Moment...I love you D & G!

Thanks to those special moments when I can sit back, watch, and listen to my kids getting along with one another and even laugh with one another that I realize how much I love them!

One of those moments happened last night...

I was making some dinner, and the kids were playing in the family room.  Dreya (my total artist), asked Greyson(my total boy) if she good color a picture of him.  To my surprise and I think hers too, he said "OK". 

She then asked him to sit on a barstool in the kitchen, she twisted him to one side, uncrossed his ankles, and put his arms to his sides.  She quickly sketched him (as you will see the sketch below), and then said, "here Greyson you can have it."

He made a quick comment that it looked like a girl (I think it was the pink)?  But, the next couple comments were what made this one of those "special moments":

Greyson says, "Dreya why am I wearing a crown on my head!?"
Dreya replies so matter of fact, "Greyson that is not a crown, that is your mohawk."
Greyson thinks for a moment while looking at the portrait and thinking about what he looks like, realizing, that, yes, in fact he does have a mohawk, and says, "oh,...OK."



I think he was now satisfied with the portrait. 

They did not know that I was listening, until they heard me laughing, and asked if I could see the portrait.  I told Dreya that her portrait was very good, and I told Greyson that that was very nice of him to let Dreya color a picture of him. 

Dreya then asked me if we could frame it...I think I just might.

I am so glad that these kids are in my life!  As crazy as they make me at times, and as crazy as they are most of the time, I do not know what my life would be like without them.  I love you guys!!

3 comments:

  1. that is such a cute story! love the picture, it is definately worth framing! ok add me to your blog, and welcome to the blogging world :)
    www.theruckerfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Greyson is a mini B. Love those kiddos. All three of them. soon four!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogspot. So glad to see your posts...it makes me feel a little more connected to my friend in AZ. Miss you and hope to see you soon. Keep me posted on #4 and how things are going.

    ReplyDelete